Monday, March 24, 2014

Conventions

I don't do a lot of conventions. This is partly due to lack of money and partly due to dislike of flying, especially since the TSA came into existence. I find the searching humiliating, and I think it is unnecessary. (See Bruce Schneier on security theater.)

However, I go to Wiscon every year and will be there again this May. The Science Fiction Research Association is meeting at the same time at the next hotel over from Wiscon, and I am a guest at SFRA. So I will be going back and forth between the two cons.

I'm also attending Minicon, a local Twin Cities convention, in April and Diversacon, another local con, in August. I will probably be at CONvergence, a very large local con, over the 4th of July.

So that is my schedule this year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laramie Sasseville said...

Hi, I'm planning to attend Wiscon also and am looking into travel arrangements. Do you have a recommended mode? The megabus? rent-a-car?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Laramie Sasseville said...

Oops. I thought Blogger had my profile. This is Laramie Sasseville. (laramie at dreamspell dot net)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Eleanor said...

Laramie -- I have gone by bus to Wiscon. The walk from the terminal is a bit long. I think a cab would be a good idea. Renting a car gets you right to the hotel. I have never gone via Megabus. I don't know what kind of experience it is.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home